The porting howto.
Lennart Regebro
2011-02-15 13:29:37 UTC
I just read Bretts new porting howto, and it's good, except for one
omission. The strategies section makes it sound like you can't use
2to3 to support both Python 2 and Python 3, while it in fact can be
easily supported by running 2to3 on build time with distutils or even
better Distribute. This should be mentioned, IMO.

Feel free to take parts of my Strategies chapter:
http://python3porting.com/strategies.html

//Lennart
Brett Cannon
Brett Cannon
2011-02-17 00:17:04 UTC
I had a chance to look at this and I see what you mean about the intro
being a little heavy-handed against 2to3. I have simplified it and
left the more thorough discussion in the various sectional discussions
cover the details.

I will see if Georg will let me slip this into Python 3.2.0.