Some suggested 2to3 patches
Lennart Regebro
2009-01-04 11:21:36 UTC
When trying to port setuptools, I found some things I think are bugs,
missing library reorganisation fixes more specifically.

Firstly, there are a lot of things missing from the urllib fixer, most
significantly all the split* methods. Secondly, htmlentitydefs has
moved, and this doesn't seem to be handled.

Am I correct that these are bugs, or should something else be done? A
suggested patch is included, although I haven't made any tests for it,
I wanted to check here first.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64
Benjamin Peterson
2009-01-04 18:29:21 UTC
Post by Lennart Regebro
When trying to port setuptools, I found some things I think are bugs,
missing library reorganisation fixes more specifically.
Thanks for your report!
Post by Lennart Regebro
Firstly, there are a lot of things missing from the urllib fixer, most
significantly all the split* methods. Secondly, htmlentitydefs has
moved, and this doesn't seem to be handled.
Am I correct that these are bugs, or should something else be done? A
suggested patch is included, although I haven't made any tests for it,
I wanted to check here first.
Yes, those are bugs. The htmlentitydefs problem is already fixed in
the trunk. I fixed the url parsing functions bug in r68306.
--
Regards,
Benjamin
Lennart Regebro
+33 661 58 14 64
Robert Lehmann
2009-01-06 18:24:24 UTC
- 'urlencode', 'pahtname2url', 'url2pathname']),
+ 'urlencode', 'pahtname2url', 'url2pathname', 'splitattr',
I suspect the second member is supposed to be pa*th*name2url (not *paht*).
It ended up that way in fixes/fix_urllib.py:18.
Robert "Stargaming" Lehmann
Benjamin Peterson
2009-01-06 23:56:35 UTC
Post by Robert Lehmann
- 'urlencode', 'pahtname2url', 'url2pathname']),
+ 'urlencode', 'pahtname2url', 'url2pathname', 'splitattr',
I suspect the second member is supposed to be pa*th*name2url (not *paht*).
It ended up that way in fixes/fix_urllib.py:18.
Good catch! Fixed in r68368.
--
Regards,
Benjamin